Thursday, February 21, 2019

Makeup of the Week in the Review

Hello! I decided to do a post on the collective things I used this week. Frankly, I wasn't feeling too adventurous in terms of color, but I did return to some forgotten faves as well as some new-ish faves. I'll talk about them all here! 

Wet 'n Wild Blush, Blazen Berry. I continue to really enjoy this blush, and am so impressed with how affordable and high-quality it is. I tend to pair it with more neutral eye looks, because the blush itself is neither particularly cool nor warm on me. 

Physician's Formula Eye Quad in Canyon Classics. The benefit of rebranding is the eventual clearance of the old stock, at reduced prices. For for $3 or $4 I picked up this quad at TJ Maxx. While I think the quality of the shades is there, especially the grey shade, the two "mid" tones are way too light and similar for my liking. I think PF could have included greater variety in this quad, and I wonder what the new version of Canyon Classics looks like.

Jordana Creamy Contour Stick in Light Sometimes I set this with bronzer, and sometimes I don't. It really depends on my mood. Still, I enjoy it and hope that I am making a dent in the amount of product. 

Wet 'n Wild Loose Highlighting Powder in Written in the Stars. Speaking of dents, this product will take me forever to use up. But that's okay- it is super pretty and I have found that it also makes a nice glossy eye shimmer if you sweep it on the eyes. If you can still find this highlighter, I strongly recommend it.  



The next day I stepped out with some more neutral colors. From left to right:

1.) The inner corner highlight was Shiro's Fleece Lined Pillow Fort. I love this shadow so much that I actually emailed Shiro about it a few months ago. I am very picky with my inner corner highlights. The satin formula and warm white color make this a very natural but bright looking highlight.

2.) ABH Modern Renaissance, Burnt Sienna. I haven't used the MR in months, which is a shame. It contains a lot of mid tones and in-between tones to complement the Norvina palette, which is what I tried to do today.

3.) ABH Norvina, Eccentric. A gorgeous, pigmented, blend-able, etc. warm caramel matte.

4.) ABH Norvina, Passion. Surprisingly easy to work with, dark brick.

5.) Naked Cosmetics, Desert Sunset #02. I was very much surprised with my choice of lid. I wanted a natural "glossy" looking shimmer that would just melt onto my lid. Fortunately, this shadow did exactly that, and it wasn't a pain to use it at all. It is a warm pink shimmer.


I really liked this look, and it is:


In the past, my "easy look" consisted of oranges and gold, but as of late I have been realizing that cooler-tones work better for me.

Additionally, I have been using my Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer in Fair. Compared to my other concealers, this one is made best to last under the eye and it does. Recently, Maybelline has released more shades, including Ivory, which I did pick up.

Also, I've been struggling a bit with the Body Shop Drops of Youth Sleeping Mask. It does cause me to break out when overuse it. When my skin is really dry, it will do a great job of re-hydrating my skin, but if I use it multiple days in a row, it will break me out. I am not sure if it is because of the fragrance- which is heavy- or other ingredients, but I have to use it sparingly.

I have hauled quite a bit, which I should feel bad about but I don't. I bought four Sydney Grace shadows after much deliberation, as well as the Feral Palette from Menagerie Cosmetics. I also bought some skin care from Soap & Glory, and a lower lash mascara from Innisfree.

In terms of what else I am working on for the blog, I actually have my first empties post coming up! It never occurred to me to do one before.

Also, the releases are picking up and do I have an anti-haul of considerable proportions....

That's it from me! Thanks so much for reading! 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig