Friday, October 26, 2018

Maybelline City Mini Palette in Blushed Avenue: Review and Swatches

Hello hello! This is a quick review of a small palette I picked up at Walmart the other day. I have had experiences with the City Mini Palettes before, and for the most part I liked them. Maybelline is releasing more that I think offer better color options.

One in particular I thought was quite pretty was the palette in Blushed Avenue:


It retails for about $8.00 at Walmart.

I personally have a soft spot for both Maybelline and Covergirl quads. I find that eyeshadows with this "slurry" formulation, as coined by the Muse (of Musings of a Muse) are quite blendable and easy to work with.

Here are some swatches:
 The dark purple is a bit drier than the other shadows, but still I find it quite usable and not as hard to blend as the ones found in the Colourpop Good Sport palette.

The two shimmers are a little disappointing. Knowing that Maybelline is capable of very shimmery and shiny shadows make these rather muted cranberry and peach shimmers lackluster.

Then we have two mid-toned mattes- a pink and a light orange. Both for me are perfect transition shades. They are light, but stay on the eye all day with primer.

The cream shade is a very light peach and performs adequately.



Below is a look I did with the light orange transition in my crease. The flash on my camera mutes the colors a bit, but it did help me make a very blown-out and blended look.



Overall, these are very trendy but very standard shades. They remind me a lot of the Carli Bybel Deluxe palette. Still, I plan on using this more- especially the mattes. This is an excellent drug store option.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig