Saturday, October 27, 2018

Eyeliner Collection and Declutter

For someone who hates applying eyeliner, I have so much of it.

Party the reason for this is subscription boxes, but also because for the longest time, I have been someone on the hunt for the perfect, HG product. However, that does not exist.

What I have learned, however, is that for my eyeshape and preferences, an eyeliner has to be three things:

  1. black
  2. waterproof
  3. brush tip

Felt tip, as popular as it is, skips on my eyelids. And because my eyes are prone to watering, I need something that can last the day. 

I am not going to provide swatches only because I don't want to waste product. 

So, I'll go through what I have, talk about each one, and decide what I am going to do with them. 

Let's start!

1. Physician's Formula Eye Booster in Ultra Black and Black. Waterproof, long-lasting, and brushtip. The regular black shade is a little too brown-toned, but Ultra Black is perfect. This is basically the closest I have to an HG. I am so obsessed about these, which are too expensive in my opinion (@ $8-11), that when I am running low, I buy back-ups and use them simultaneously, which makes absolutely no sense. So now I have three that I am using up, having no idea which of them has the most product. 

2. LA Splash Ark-I-Tekt Eyeliner, Waterproof. $14. I have a review up on my blog about this. It is not as waterproof as the Physician's Formula one, but slightly easier to apply (smoother). However, the brush bristles have continually bent out of shape for me, making me have to snip some off. And I can't store it upside down or else the product will flood the tip. I know I am making this eyeliner sound like a nightmare, but it's not that bad. I will use it up, but not repurchase. 

3. Lioele Brush-Pen Eyeliner, $2.99. I found this today at TJ Maxx and bought it on the name alone. I am so paranoid that the world will stop making brush-tip eyeliners so I have this impulse to hoard them. Anyway, I have not used this for any prolonged amount of time, but I did apply it to me eyes today and I like what I see so far. It is smaller than the other eyeliners in my collection. 

4. Speaking of small eyeliners, I also have the NYX "That's The Point, Hella Fine Eyeliner." I found this at Target for about $9.00. It is felt tip, but the tip is super small, which I like. I use this to create small wings. 

5. Clio Calligraphy Liner in Kill Black. Another K-Beauty TJ Maxx purchase. I will be decluttering this one, for as cool as the shape of the felt-tip is, this stuff rubs off too easily. 

6. I will also be decluttering, unfortunately, the Wet 'n Wild holiday/Halloween 2018 eyeliner in Later Witches, a coppery brown metallic with some microglitter. I don't want to declutter it because of the name, but the formula is so chunky and hard to apply. Later, witches. 

7. I am going to hold on to Physician's Formula Matte Lacquer Gel Cream Eyeliner in Ultra Black, the ill-fated dupe to the ill-fated Benefit Push-Up Liner. I love this formula so much, even though the applicator is so unwieldy. I plan to use more of it, especially for smudgier looks. 

8. Another non-brush eyeliner I will be holding on to is the PIXI Endless Silky Eye Pen, in a trial size. This glides onto my eye really well and stays put. 

9. I will be getting rid of one NYX Jumbo eye pencil, in Cottage Cheese. I bought it for the name but I don't use it. 

10. I will also be getting rid of the Jordana Color Envy "Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner" in Antique Gold. Waterproof it is not. 

11. The NYX Wonder P encil used to be really useful for me, but I stopped using it for some reason. I used to use it a lot last year to correct eyeshadow and liner mistakes. I am going to keep it around, just in case. 

12. Speaking of NYX, who seems to be highly represented in this list, I also have the Faux Blacks liner in Black Olive. I like the concept of this line, and I like the color and formula. I have not been using it  really but I plan to. 

13. I will be decluttering the elf Stardust Glitter Eyeliner in Pink Opal. I bought it because the name reminded me of the MAC pigments, but this is the opposite, in terms of pigment. It's a very weak eyeliner. 

14. I will be decluttering a Ciate Star Stamp/Eyeliner that I got from an Ipsy bag. I never use this, nor will I. Felt tips just don't agree with me, thought the formula is fine.

15. Speaking of stamps, I will be keeping the Vogue Effects Eyeliner Wing Stamp. This is a very convenient product. The actual formula is fine- it's not the deepest black ever, but it does not run. 

So, final count!

This is what I am keeping:

12 products


And  I am giving away:

6 products

Not bad!

Thanks so much for reading! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig