Monday, October 15, 2018

Designing My Own Pumpkin Spice Palette

Hello! Today I have a rather fun post. After watching an anti-haul video from one of my favorite Youtubers, Smokey Glow, I decided to design my own Pumpkin Spice Palette, using colors already in my collection. In her anti-haul, she talked about how disappointed she was in the Too Faced version, after accurately prediction they would roll one out for the holidays.

After listening to her describe the types of colors she would include, and using my own preferences as well, this is what I came up with!

The palette is from Livancy Palettes, who can be found on Etsy. This was a new purchase for me and I'm quite liking it!


Fleece-Lined Pillow Fort
Shiro
Crown
Coloured Raine
Let Me Explain
Colourpop
Heir
Coloured Raine
Lay Low
Colourpop
Tangy Dijon
Vanessa’s Vanity
Tangelo Tint
Coastal Scents
Empress
Coloured Raine
Royal Prerogative
Coloured Raine
Team Captain
Colourpop
18K Gold
Coastal Scents
Chauffeur
Colourpop
Rapunzel Had Extensions
Fyrinnae
Your Majesty
Coloured Raine
Bohemian
Looxi
20-Something
Colourpop
Boujee
Looxi
Mirage
Looxi

Now I know there are a lot of neutral shimmers in this palette. But that's just how I roll. And while these shimmers could easily be written off as "neutral," each of them contain something special about them- either a high-shine factor, or duochromatic quality, that make them integral to the palette. 

Looking at the palette, in terms of how the colors are balanced it reminds me a little of the Norvina palette. But I think I need to switch out the pale coral matte, Lay Low, and replace it with another warm brown. Maybe. Overall, the goal is to use warm orange and browns, and maybe a hint of green.

By the way, I am not a Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Person (tm) by any means. But I do very much enjoy Wawa's Pumpkin Spice coffee. I highly recommend it. 

Anyway, I'll try to use this palette this week and report back with my thoughts!

And if you have not yet seen my review, I do have another fall/harvest-themed palette from Colourpop that I personally feel has some excellent shades, The Good Sport Palette:


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig