Sunday, June 23, 2019

Menagerie Cosmetics: Feral Palette and Single Shadows Swatches and Review

Towards the end of February, I purchased the Feral Palette from Menagerie Cosmetics for $40.00. Each pan contained 2g of product each. Though the color palette was definitely out of my comfort zone, it was one of those cases where I couldn't get it out of my head (cue Kylie Minogue). It reminded me of a field of wildflowers, and though I barely knew anything about the brand, I decided to take the leap.

The palette feels sturdy and is small-medium in size. Its packaging feels pretty luxe, and worth the cost. But, let's get into the shadows.


1. Harmonia, a green blue matte. This is a super pigmented yet soft shade. 

2. Wolfling, a coppery metallic base with a very strong pink reflect and sparkle. This shimmer formula is incredibly soft, so I advise caution when using it- a sticky base and a light hand is needed. The end result is gorgeous and very sparkly. 

3. Canis Lupis, a milk chocolate matte. Very easy to blend. 

4. Alpha, a darker matte taupe. This one required a little bit of building- but is soft and easy to work with. I find the color quite unique- depending on the other colors, it can come off more green or more brown. 

5. Pack Leader. Seems a little more densely packed than Wolfling. It is a hot pink metallic with a gold sheen. The gold comes out more with glitter glue, and/or using it against other hot pink colors. This one stains. 

6. Allium. A swatch of this is also in my second set below. A cooler-toned shade of purple that is one of the more "drier" mattes- but very easy to blend out. 


Second set! 

7. The bright red/orange is Mariposa. Highly pigmented and blendable.

8. Night Eyes. A true yellow. Its strong white base is being a little reflected in the flash photo above- in person, it reads a bit darker. Very blendable and bright, though. 

9. Wisteria. A matte hot coral. It stained my skin slightly, but also very easy to work with. As with Night Eyes, the picture is showing the swatch a bit lighter than it really is. 

10. Fenris. A yellow-toned matte green that is more densely pressed. It builds up evenly and quickly, though. 

11. For me, Ivy was probably the most intimidating at first- it is a dark matte green. However, it still has a soft formula and just requires careful and deliberate placement before blending out. 

12. Huechera, a highly reflective and flakey green with some golden sheen. This one definitely stained. 

Okay, so as much as I was enjoying the colors and formula of the original Feral Palette, I also wanted to branch out and buy some singles to make my own custom palette. It ended up being quite neutral, so I renamed the palette The Domestic Palette. Funny, right?

The new shades are:
1. Lucky ($5.00), a light peachy gold metallic
2. Mother Dragon ($4.00), from the Dragon Child palette, a dark matte burgundy. 
3. Canary ($5.00), a light warm yellow metallic shimmer with a strong pink glitter reflect
4. Snuggle ($4.00), a warm pastel pink
5. Snoot ($4.00) a soft rose-brown matte

The palette ended up looking like this:


Lucky, Canary, Snuggle, Snoot, and Mother Dragon

The two shimmers had the same formulation as Wolfling- very soft and requiring some sticky base. I probably didn't need to get Canary- its strong pink reflect makes it kind of repetitive among the other shimmers in the palette. Lucky, though, is proving to be quite multi-functional, with its slight silvery sheen that can be paired with both warm and cool colors. 

I was quite pleased with Snuggle- I had not yet owned a warm pastel pink, and really enjoy how pigmented it is. Snoot was probably the other redundant purchase- I know I probably have shades like it in my collection, but I can't deny the quality of this one. 

Finally, Mother Dragon. I love this color and am so pleased to have it. 

All in all, I very much enjoy the matte formula especially of my collection. I think the shimmers are beautiful, but I am not yet sold on the different formulations they are using. I tend to prefer a drier shimmer, because I feel I have more control, but these are definitely wetter. Still, the colors are like nothing else in my collection. 

I will continue to keeping track of Menagerie Cometics' releases. I am certain they will keep coming up with fun things. 

Have you tried any of their products yet? Let me know your thoughts below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig