Monday, April 22, 2019

Shimmery Spring Recommendations! (+ swatches)




It seems that Spring has finally arrived! I have a couple of products to bring to you today that you might enjoy if you are in the mood for some transitional spring-time shimmer and glow! As always, click on the pics for higher resolution.

The first product is from Catrice. It is the 3D Glow Highlighter in the shade Pinch of Rose. The pan contains 3 g of product for $4.89. The design mimics ABH's old design for their highlighters, but nevertheless I did find this highlighter pretty unique in its own right.


For starters, it's incredibly soft. Catrice claims that the pan contains "two tones," but I am not sure if I can make them out. Some squares look darker than other ones? Some swatches below:

 Here I tried swatching from different sections, to see if I could make out a difference. The farthest swatch is everything blended together.


And here we have everything blended out.

If you are concerned the product seems too dark for you, I have found the product's pink base looks quite flattering. The highlighter is much warmer in the pan, and I tend to see a silvery lilac reflect, which is quite cool. And don't let the finger swatches fool you- on the skin, it is less metallic and more "glass skin" finish. Highly recommend.

Next, another product from Catrice is their Eye Gloss stick, which I purchased at Ulta for $6.00. I quite like the concept of this, especially if you think about how Mac, Linda Hallberg, and Danessa Myricks all have a clear gloss like product, but for a lot more. Of course, the Catrice pen only contains 2 g, and I should note that I only use it on my face as a highlight. Still, I think it's a nifty product if you want a more natural shimmer and glow on your face.

We also have another lip icing from Pixi, which I picked up from Target for $14.00.  have reviewed the first one that came out as a limited edition collaboration with Chloe Morello. The one I picked up, Toffee, is like the Chloe Morello one but amped up.It is even more jam-packed with shimmer.It does the slightest grit, but also the same comfortable and hydrating formula.

 Pixi on left, Catrice eye gloss on right. 

Moving on, we have a new face product from Milani called Soft Focus Glow Complexion Enhancer, in the shade Nude Glow, the lightest. It cost $11.00. According to Milani, this product provides an instant boost of hydration and brightness. Some reviewers claim it is a dupe for the Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Filter, but I can't verify that claim. All I know is that I find it absorbs quickly, and does leave a nice glow on the skin. I also enjoy the fact that it comes in a pump bottle.

 Unblended, left and blended, right.


And our last product is very exciting- the new Kaja Beauty Bento Bouncy Shimmer (oh my that's a lot of words) Eyeshadow in the shade Orange Blossom! Each shade in the trio contains 0.85 g of product, for a total of $21.00.

The shades are: Sandy Peach, Sun-Kissed Tan, and Baked Cinnamon.

 



Overall, the Orange Blossom Trio is quite pretty and quite easy to use! It has this multi-faceted yet glossy finish, and is just very pretty. I don't have anything else like them in my collection and have been really enjoying using them.

So that's all I got for today! Let me know if you have tried any of these!

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig